Faith Ministries - Vision 2000 and beyond.
Click here for Missions - 25 Year Vision
Mother Church – 25 Year Vision
I Peter 2:5, I Peter 5:1a; 2-4 “You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. The elders who are among you I exhort, …shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.”
1. Develop New Testament church government with the plural five-fold ministry.
Ephesians 4:11. “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers.”
- Apostles to govern.
- Prophets to guide.
- Teachers to ground.
- Evangelists to gather.
- Pastors to guard.
Within these five ministries we also find titles such as: Elders, Bishops, Overseers, and Shepherds and Administrators.
2. Recognizing and developing of Elders.
Many scriptures reinforce that the true shepherd or elder should feed his flock. When Paul the apostle “sent to Ephesus”, and called the elders of the church, He said to them, “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God…” (Acts 20:17,28). When the Lord asked Peter, “Simon son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these?” He told him, “Feed my lambs… feed my sheep… feed my sheep” (John. 21:15,16,17). Peter later writing in his first epistle said: “The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder… feed the flock of God….” (I Peter 5:1,2). Paul told the Thessalonians that an elder was one who labored among them and admonished them with the Word. That was the work of an elder. (I Thessalonians 5:12,13). And he wrote to Timothy, “If a man desire the office of a bishop [elder], he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be… apt [able] to teach” (I Timothy 3:1). “Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.” (I Timothy 5:17).
1. Elders will have anointing and capacity both individually and corporately to direct services.
2. Installation of deacons and helps ministers full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom.
3. The Lord is calling us to a more Biblically correct form of Church Government.
1. We will see the development of an Ephesians 4:11 five-fold ministry in the years to come.
2. Some ministers will be raised up from within our own people.
3. Some ministers will be brought to us by the Lord moving people in.
4. Develop FMC as an internationally flavored church reaching out to all available people groups.
5. Develop full scope of ministries to cover all age groups.
6. Available ministry opportunities.
Bible book store
Church sports team
Distribution of Bibles/tracks
Ministry to shut-ins/elderly
New believer’s classes
Prayer – Daily
Prayer – Special needs/ intercessors
7. Impart our vision to members for evangelizing:
Missions – 25 Year Plan
Isaiah 54:2-3 “Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes. For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.”
The phrase, “place of thy tent” speaks to us of the importance of not leaving what we are doing or where we presently work, “and strengthen thy stakes” says maintain and enforce the established work so that the ministry foundation can withstand the pressure of growth.
God has spoken:
1. Guard, maintain and increase our covenant relations with Mexican pastors and churches we have worked with since 1985.
2. On January 1, 2000 we will begin a 25 year assignment to open and develop new areas. Many of these will only be reached as we move in the Spirit and allow God to minister through us supernaturally.
A. These new areas will include specific Indian tribes that have been in our prayers for many years.
B. Where we put our foot God will give us. ( It’s a sacred thing to spiritually claim an area. Be careful to only “put our foot’ where God directs.)
C. There will be three phases that will have physical boundaries, with tentacles reaching beyond for special assignments. The physical boundaries are not limits, but rather to provide a focus.
1. When we start on phase 3, phases 1 and 2 will still be active. We will not stop one phase to start another, but the ministry will increase as we begin each new phase.
2. Phase 1 will begin in 2,000. We are not to put a time on phases 2 and 3, but we will know it when it happens.
D. We are to plan as if money was unlimited. Faith plans as if money were no object, but faith works where we realistically are. The working of our faith will bring increase. Faith is sensible, never out of order or senseless. Effective faith always has God as a partner.
E. We are to gather facts and keep a file on each tribe and Mexican pueblo that draws on our hearts.
F. Continue development of covenant relations with co-laborers throughout the world.